This hike accesses the highest points of the snow of the sacred valley
- Tour duration: 3 days
- Difficulty: moderate at high altitude (high-altitude walk that crosses a pass of 5200 meters)
The trip begins in Ollantaytambo, where we will take private transportation and pick you up from your hotel for the trip to tastalluc near the pass of the Málaga pass. The tour of this valley is impressive: Inca terraces, waterfalls and traditional Andean agricultural practices make up the landscape as we ascend almost 1000 meters down the valley to the point where we started the ascent. The journey takes about forty minutes.
we will begin our walk. Using helpers to assist in the steep climb to our campsite for the night, we will enjoy the route and accompany the views of the mountains and glaciers of the Andes. Our camp is next to the glacier, very beautiful and at an altitude of approximately 4000 meters, also a bit cold! Depending on the time of day and the pace of the group, we will camp just below the final step, or on the other side. The pass itself is part of the Continental Divide line of Peru and has exceptional views in all directions. We use only high quality camping equipment to guarantee your comfort. Tents, sleeping bags
After a night of sleep under the stars and a breakfast, we will start the last climb and climb the steep glacier with incredible views of ice caves, up to the pass or, if we did it the night before, we will start the long descent about 3 to 5 hours
The air becomes noticeably thicker and warmer as we meet the locals who take their animals out to graze, a sure sign that we are approaching the classic Andean village also known for its traditional fabrics and cultural practices. Continuing down, we will be a stop for lunch on the way, before
Arriving at our camp we spent the night in a camp a little warmer. . While you’re there, we’ll prepare a barbecue of chicken, potatoes and fresh vegetables that will surely reach the place.
After we have spent a night of super relax we have a super breakfast and we return our walk downhill through Pumamarca archaeological place we will visit and after about 3 to 4 hours we finally arrived at Ollantaytambo, where we finished this beautiful journey.
GALERIA DE FOTOS
The tour includes
- feeding for the first 3 days lunch or snack and dinner,
- second day breakfast,
- lunch or snack,
- third day breakfast,
- pack horses,
- sleeping bag,
The tour does not include
- Extra clothes for every day
- Cap for sun and cold
- Extra mineral water
- Rain coats
- Special sapatos for snow
- During the trip, your main luggage can be stored in our office or at your hotel, or in our mobility both free of charge.
- Pocket money in nuevos soles.
- A small backpack. for your water
- Rain clothes (a waterproof jacket).
- Hat or cap (to protect against sun, rain and cold).
- Sunscreen or sunscreen.
- Camera. Photo
- We can leave it in the place you want but it has an extra cost
- We can coordinate a typical lunch for you
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Requires minimal experience, regular physical condition
- It is not recommended for people with heart problems or respiratory problems
- Moderate difficulty
|02 to more||Tour|